What is ISO 27001 Manual and Benefits of ISMS Certification?
The ISO 27001 Manual is a document that explains how the organization will comply with the requirements of ISO 27001 and what procedures will be used in ISMS. It can be used to define implemented Information security management system with bundle of all the documents created for ISMS – basically, the idea here is all policies, Procedures, work instructions, forms, etc. Implementing procedures on information and information security related controls on ISMS is required to be defined in ISO 27001 Manual, which is a primary document of total ISMS documentation. ISMS puts more emphasis on measuring and evaluating ISMS performance as well as having more control over outsourcing keeping in mind with well-defined ISO 27001 manual in the nature of the IT business.
ISO 27001 is an international standard that is globally recognized for managing the risks to the security of the information you have. ISO 27001 certification allows you to prove to your customers and other stakeholders that you are managing the security of your information. ISO 27001:2013 (current version of ISO 27001) provides a set of standard requirements for the Information Security Management System (ISMS). The standard adopts a process-oriented approach to the establishment, implementation, management, monitoring, maintenance and improvement of your ISMS.
Why ISO 27001 Manual is Important
- Management Responsibility– ISO 27001 manual helps management to control the areas within ISMS that your management team needs to focus on.
- Resource Management– It defines how resources such as people, infrastructure and facilities be assigned to ensure the best possible performance
- Information Security– Well-defined ISMS manual for ISO 27001, and hence, total documents helps to manage that how your business will operate in order to ensure that your systems and data remain secured from unauthorised access or loss.
- Measurement, Analysis and Improvement– It will help to determine if your Information Security Management System is working as expected, facilitating the continual improvement of your system.
Benefits of ISO 27001 – ISMS Certification
Protecting your organization’s information is important for the successful management and smooth operation of your organization. Achieving ISO 27001 will help your organization manage and protect your valuable data and information assets. By obtaining certification to ISO 27001, your organization will be able to reap numerous and relevant benefits, including:
- Keeps confidential information secure
- You provide customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Secure allows secure exchange of information
- Helps you to comply with other regulations
- Provide you with a competitive advantage
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Manages and minimizes risk exposure
- Builds a culture of security
- Protects the company assets, data, shareholders and directors.