What are the Benefits of Heritage Instrument Insurance?
When you own a musical instrument, it becomes an inseparable part of your life. And, if you have got that instrument as a part of your family lineage, then its value and importance in your life are somewhat unfathomable. Have you received such a beautiful piece of vintage instrument lately? Wow! That’s amazing! So, what plan do you have with it? Well, of course, you are dying to strike the chords to something soulful and fascinating. However, what about the safety and security of your heritage gear?
How will you protect your vintage gear?
If you are planning or even thinking of enlisting it under your home or renter’s insurance, it is time to reconsider your plans. Your homeowner insurance might provide your musical instrument to some extent. However, it is least likely to be enough. Therefore, you should think of something bigger, something that will provide all-encompassing protection to your musical instrument. And that something is a Heritage Instrument Insurance Policy.
What are the benefits of musical instrument insurance for heritage gears?
So, how does this policy ensure the protection of your musical instrument? And, what are the benefits of such instrument-specific insurance plans? It and much more, read through this piece of content to learn more about it.
- First and foremost, insurance policies specially designed for musical instruments (whether heritage or the latest generation) ensure comprehensive protection. It is something that you will not get under your home insurance. Like you will not get coverage for your car under your health insurance.
- Secondly, comprehensive protection means cover against almost every unwanted and unforeseen scenario that a musician can come across. It includes loss or damage to the instrument, public liability issues, loss of income, workman’s compensation, among others.
- Thirdly, your Heritage Instrument Insurance Policy will ensure that you get all-risk coverage, including fire, flood, vandalism, theft, accidental damage, missing instrument, and many more.
- Fourthly, the life of a musician most involves touring to foreign countries. And, accidents can happen regardless of where you are. So, if your heritage gear goes missing or gets damaged in a different country, your musical instrument insurance plan will provide you with protection while saving your pocket.
- Fifthly, in case your gear gets damaged a couple of days before your concert, you might not have enough time or money to arrange a new one. In such cases, your insurance plan will pay for the replacement insurance.
- Sixthly, if an accident did not allow you to resume your profession as a musician for a considerable period of time, then also your musical instrument insurance plan will provide you with complete protection. Yes, it will also cover loss of income until you are back to work or as discussed with your insurance provider.
- Last but not the least, a musician is mostly surrounded by the mob during concerts and musical gigs. Your insurance policy will protect you and your finances if something unwanted happens at a concert, leaving the audience injured or something like property damage.
Points to remember
So, these are some of the many benefits of getting a dedicated musical instrument insurance plan. Hopefully, these pointers will help you understand why you should think beyond your home insurance plan when it comes to securing your musical instruments.
However, before you say ‘Yes’ to any policy, make sure to consider certain crucial things. It includes your requirements from the insurance plan, your budget, the amount of premium you are willing to without hurting your finances, etc.
Another important thing is – choosing the right service provider. With a customer-friendly insurance company, you can be at peace.