Set Top Box Attractive Market Opportunities by 2028| Top Industry Players Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., EchoStar Corporation
Set Top Box Market Growth & Trends
The global set top box market demand is expected to reach 357.0 million units by 2028, registering a CAGR of over 4% in terms of volume from 2021 to 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Mandates regarding the digitization of TV broadcasting issued by various governments across developing countries worldwide and the growing preference for smart TVs among consumers are some of the critical factors that are expected to drive the market growth. The growing preference for High Definition (HD) channels and the popularizing trend among broadcasters to offer various value-added services, including subscription packages, are also poised to trigger the demand for set top box (STB) over the forecast period.
The STB demand has witnessed a dramatic surge over the past few years owing to the continued efforts by the industry players to enhance the television experience for viewers by offering facilities, such as digital video recording, improved picture and sound quality, and storage options. As a result, cable service providers, telecommunication companies, and digital satellite providers are actively involved in the promotion and installation of STBs. Although the market has been witnessing dwindling sales and subsequently sluggish growth in the wake of the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the rising OTT viewership and growing preference for engaging media content has helped the market recover and grow gradually.
The rising adoption of Android and hybrid STBs in line with the growing popularity of OTT platforms is creating considerable growth opportunities for market incumbents. OTT STBs are increasingly gaining traction across the Pay-TV broadcasting scenario in the emerging markets with abundant availability of free video content. Moreover, major OTT platforms, such as Netflix and Amazon, have also been offering high-quality 4K content to their subscribers, thereby driving the STB demand and subsequently supporting significant revenue generation.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Set Top Box Market Report
Set Top Box Market Report Highlights
- Few companies in the market have introduced their 4K UHD variants as part of the efforts to strengthen their position in the market. As a result, other competitors have also embarked upon efforts to launch their respective STB versions
- In North American countries, government bodies, such as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), have drafted various standards about STB installation and content creation, thereby creating lucrative opportunities for the growth of the regional market over the forecast period
- Rising awareness among consumers regarding the latest STBs that can support OTT and IPTV coupled with the continued rollout of high-speed broadband infrastructure across the emerging economies is projected to boost the STB demand over the forecast period
- Few market players are introducing STBs that can support major OTT platforms, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu, as part of the efforts to strengthen their position in the market
Access Press Release@ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/set-top-box-market
Set Top Box Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global set top box market based on product, content quality, and region:
Set Top Box Product Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
Set Top Box Content Quality Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- HD & Full HD
- 4K & Above
Set Top Box Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
List of Key Players in the Set Top Box Market
- Commscope (ARRIS International, plc)
- Coship Electronics Co.Ltd.
- Kaonmedia Co., Ltd.
- Sagemcom SAS
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Technicolor SA
- Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB)
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.