Pros and Cons of Three Popular Roof Types: Commercial Roofing
When it comes to commercial roofing, nowadays you can find a variety of roof types including flat roofs, low-slope roofs, high pinched or arched roofs, metal retrofit roofs, etc. Equally, you can get high-quality roofing materials categorized as EPDM, TPO, PSF, PVC, Asphalt rolls, etc.
Accordingly, depending on the type of jobs performed in your workplace, weather conditions of the locale, building codes of the locality, and your budget, you need to decide the most ideal type of roof that suits you the best. In this article, we have explained three popular types of roofs with their pros and cons.
Amidst all kinds of commercial rooms, flat roofs are found widely common.
• Due to the less coverage area and requirement of less material, commercial flat roofs are found considerably cost-effective than pinched and low-sloped roofs.
• Equally, due to simplicity, they’re faster and easier to install with less number of labors which eventually adds to significant savings for the homeowner.
• When it comes to energy saving, you can save a lot while having flat roofs due to its reflective properties. Maintenance is easier as because, the repairing labors can move across the roof areas without any hassle easily and safety, irrespective of the weather conditions.
• One of the common issues of flat roofs is the chance of having poor drainage. Naturally, the standing water can degrade the quality of roofing materials easier and faster. This can lead to leaking and roof damage what requires costly repair now and then and cost you high.
Low-sloped roofs are the most preferred roofing materials found on warehouses, factories, apartment buildings, as well as industrial sectors.
• Having low-sloped pitch roofing allows faster water runoff. According to your designed plumbing system attached with the roofing, it clears the rainwater through pipelines connected with gutters. When it comes to the cost of roofing, as it requires less quantity of raw materials than a steep roof and bit more than a flat roof, you can keep the cost at the medium level and make it budget-friendly.
• For roofers, low-sloped roofs are easier and safer for installation, replacement, or repair jobs. Performing installation and repairing of air conditioners, satellite dishes or solar panels are easier on low-sloped commercial roofs opposed to high pitched roofs.
• Building codes concerning a low-sloped roof is complex and must adhere to the local municipal guidelines. Get the details from commercial roofing in Albuquerque before installation work begins.
• One major negative point of low-pitched roofs is in case of heavy snowfalls that don’t melt fast tends to add considerable weight on your roof which can damage the roof after a few years.
Pitched roofs are equally popular and are found in residential, commercial, as well as industrial buildings alongside flat low-sloped rooftops.
• Perhaps one of the great attributes of having pitched roofs from commercial roofing in Albuquerque is that due to their increased slops, they provide the fastest runoff of water and snow.
• Similarly, due to the steep pitch, all kinds of debris and clutters roll off easier while keeping your roof structure less likely to water buildup which often leads to possible leakage, growth of mold or sagging, etc. This eventually makes steep-sloped roof long-lasting and requires reduced repair or maintenance, then its counterparts.
• You should’ve a higher budget for having pitched commercial roofing in Albuquerque, simply because it requires a significantly high amount of raw materials and superior roofing structure from experts.
• No denying, with its steep structure, pitched roofs are considerably more complex to carry out repair or maintenance work. Apart from having increased safety procedures, installation, replacement, or maneuvering of roofing material cost of steep ones will be higher than other roofs.
Sunwest Roofing LLC provides roofing systems for residential and commercial customers in Albuquerque, Denver, Colorado Springs, and Phoenix. Roofer specializing in TPO, single-ply, metal, and low slope roofing systems. To know more, visit https://sunwestroofing.com/.