Pet Shampoo Market Latest TMR Report Explores Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak
- Pet shampoo is a pet product used to maintain hygiene of dogs, cats, and other pets such as rabbits and hamsters. Pet shampoos clean, deodorize, and condition pets’ hair and skin. Usually, pet shampoos contain specialty ingredients to remove stains, dirt, and microorganisms from the animal coat and maintain a healthy and clean skin of pets. General formulation of pet shampoo comprises mild surfactants, preservatives, pearlizers, solubilizes, and fragrance.
Key Drivers of the Global Pet Shampoo Market
- Rising pet ownership across key regions globally coupled with high consumer preference for pet grooming products is estimated to drive the global pet shampoo market. Changes in consumer lifestyle and rising disposable income have further fueled pet adoptions. The way pet owners treat their pets as a member of family, or even substitutes for children, also means that pet health has become more important, which is further propelling the demand for pet products such as pet shampoo.
- Boom in the e-commerce sector enables key brands to market and sell their products to wide consumer base across the globe. Moreover, intense competition between brands helps end-users to bag better deals when they buy these products online.
Request for a sample:
Opportunities in the Global Pet Shampoo Market
- Increase in demand for sustainable and nature-based pet shampoos is a key opportunity in the global pet shampoo market. Key manufacturers are frequently engaged in extensive research and development activities to develop natural and safer products as compared to synthetic products.
- Modern pet owners are highly aware about the ingredients used in pet grooming products and are increasingly preferring plant-based and sustainable solutions. Some popular brands, such as 4-Legger, Himalaya, and Beaphar, are focused on the introduction of certified herbal shampoos to cater to the evolving needs of consumers.
COVID-19 pandemic has hampered demand across downstream industries
The pandemic has shaken the overall value chain of the pet care industry across different regions. First-quarter sales were weak, and there was complete shutting down of manufacturing facilities as well as warehouses and distribution centers. The macroeconomic consequence of COVID-19 is projected to have a prominent impact on consumer spending on pet care products including shampoos and related pet grooming products. Loss of wages and fixed income coupled with the global economic crisis has compelled middle class consumers to prioritize their daily spending.
North America to be a Major Market for Pet Shampoos
- Based on region, the global pet shampoo market can be classified into South America (SA), North America (NA), Europe (EU), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Country-level bifurcation of the North America market includes the forecast and analysis for the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. The country-level analysis and forecast of the Europe market covers the pet shampoo market in the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. The country-level analysis and forecast for the Asia Pacific market includes major countries in the region such as India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa country-level analysis and forecast for the pet shampoo market includes GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America pet shampoo market is categorized into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- Expansion of the market in North America is attributed to robust investment in research and development activities coupled with high consumer awareness and willingness to pay for advanced pet care products. According to APPA (American Pet Products Association, Inc.) estimations, in 2019, U.S. pet expenditure stood at US$ 95.7 billion. The expenditure includes spending on pet food, medical care, treatments, general care, and grooming services.
Ask for brochure:
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key manufacturers of pet shampoo are focused on the development of innovative and diverse product offerings that use natural and safe ingredients. Online marketing, multichannel sales and distribution, and frequent new product launches are key strategies adopted by industry participants. Partnerships and collaborations with international distributors enables companies to market and sell their products in overseas markets.
Some of the major companies identified in the global pet shampoo market are:
- Petco Animal Supplies, Inc.
- Groomer’s Choice
- Bio-Derm Laboratories, Inc.
- Vet’s Best
- The Himalaya Drug Company
- Wahl Oatmeal
- Burt’s Bees Pets
- World for Pets
- Earthwhile Endeavors Inc.
- Oliver’s Choice
Global Pet Shampoo Market: Research Scope
Global Pet Shampoo Market, by Pet Type
- Others (Rabbit, etc.)
Global Pet Shampoo Market, by Product
- Cleansing Shampoo
- Anti-itching Shampoo
- Anti-dandruff Shampoo
- Anti-flea & tick Shampoo
- Other (anti-bacteria, anti-fungal etc.)
Global Pet Shampoo Market, by Application
- Commercial (Pet Care centers, etc.)
TMR’s Latest News Publication –