How to Mow a Lawn
Getting the perfect and beautiful lawn is the dream of every lawn owner. However, a whole lot of money is spent on buying the high-quality seeds and chemicals to give the lawn its needed contents. Apart from this, it is equally important to learn the basic steps and tips about how to mow a lawn. Mowing is a simple procedure, if done in the right and prescribed manner. Just make sure to get the right lawnmower and then carry henceforth with the whole activity.
As stated, the exact lawnmower is the main to the successful mowing action. The mower should be at the accurate height and set according to the thickness of the lawn. The simple steps of mowing a lawn includes-
- The first step is to choose between a gasoline powered mower and reel mower.
- After the choice has been made, clear the lawn from any type of useless materials like branches, sticks, leaves, etc. This ensures to protect the mower blades from getting damaged.
- Once the lawn is cleaned, start the mower. The gasoline powered mower can be started by simply pulling the cord. The reel mower is started by pushing that spins the reel to cut the grass.
- The correct way of mowing is to go through the row and columns straightly and steadily towards a selected target and then turning around. This ensures that no spot is missed from mowing.
- Once all the lawn is mowed, check missed spots, if any. You can check the miss spots by putting the inside of the front wheel of the mower on the edge of the mowed lawn.
- After the completion of this process, always clean and rinse the mower and put it in the garage or storage.
- You can mow the lawn on frequent intervals depending on the height of the grass grown.
This step-wise process if followed with the given instructions will make the job of Lawn Mowing simple and easy.
Some Useful Tips
- Apart from learning steps about how to mow a lawn, it is advisable to take into account certain useful tips that guarantee safety of the mower and lawn. This includes:
- The mowing lawn area should be marked in large rectangles. This ensures uniform mowing all around.
- The mower should first be started at a solid ground and then used on grass.
- It is recommended to mow during the rainy seasons, as it gives a fine cut to the grass. It also enables maximum water to reach the roots of the grass.
- You also have the option to choose a different method every time you mow. For first time, you can mow in row, next in columns or diagonally, and so on.
- The height of the lawnmower plays a important role in mowing the lawn. For example, to cut thick grasses try to use a mower with shorter height.
These tips and steps make the mowing activity fairly simple. However, if you’re not fully acquired with the mower and its working, it is always advisable to go for a professional with the perfect knowledge of the equipment and its working.
Fox Mowing QLD is a Lawn care company. For more great tips on Mowing your lawn and growing the Greenest Lawn visit our website.