Cell Separation Market – Industry Insights by Application, 2028
The global Cell Separation Market size is expected to reach USD 25.8 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 18.8% from 2021 to 2028. Growing focus on biomolecule and cancer research, and rising incidence of chronic and infectious diseases, including the outbreak of COVID-19, are major factors contributing towards the growth of the market.
Cell separation products are widely used by researchers and healthcare professionals for the development and production of novel therapies such as gene therapies and regenerative medicines. Continuous technological advancements and the introduction of more efficient products by key players have significantly supported the market growth. For instance, in October 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific, a U.S.-based prominent player in the field, launched its new Gibco CTS Rotea Counterflow Centrifugation System. This new system gives processing versatility to help in a broad range of protocols for cell separation. Also, increasing public-private initiatives and investments to facilitate stem and gene therapy development in potential emerging countries is anticipated to create a lucrative environment for market growth. In February 2020, the Global Institute of Stem Cell Therapy and Research (GIOSTAR), a regenerative medicine provider, established a stem cell/cancer research center in India.
Furthermore, the high prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cancer, and extensive R&D activities by leading biotech and pharma players to develop novel biological therapies are expected to fuel market growth. As per the American Cancer Society’s estimates, in 2021, around 1.9 million new cases of cancer are estimated to be diagnosed in the U.S., which will lead to around 608,570 deaths. Moreover, following the outbreak of COVID‐19, several U.S.-based companies are involved in extensive research for the development of novel vaccines and therapeutics, thereby driving the market.
Related Press Release@ Cell Separation Market Report
Cell Separation Market Report Highlights
- By product, the consumables segment dominated the market in 2020, owing to its repetitive use in research applications
- By application, the biomolecule isolation segment dominated the market in 2020, due to increasing R&D initiatives for the development of innovative biologics
- The research laboratories and institutes segment accounted for the largest revenue share in the end-use segment in 2020, owing to increasing R&D initiatives by them in the field of oncology and neuroscience
- The high cost of cell isolation products is the most critical restraining factor for the overall market growth
- North America dominated the market with the largest revenue share owing to the presence of numerous large biopharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the region
- In Asia Pacific, the market is projected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the expanding biotech and pharma sectors in emerging markets such as China and India