Where to buy Chromium picolinate
Chromium picolinate is purple-red crystalline fine powder, good fluidity, stable at room temperature, slightly soluble in water, insoluble in ethanol, and chromium in it is trivalent chromium.
Chromium picolinate can directly act on tissue cells through the cell membrane, which can enhance insulin activity and improve glucose metabolism in the body. Chromium is an important component of glucose tolerance factor (GTF). It can increase insulin activity, participate in protein synthesis and metabolism of nucleic acids and fats, and reduce body fat content. Chromium also strengthens the immune system and increases the body’s resistance to adverse conditions and stress conditions.
(1) As a functional factor of medicine and health care products: hypoglycemic and lipid-lowering, weight loss supplement, strong muscle fitness, and immune enhancement.
(2) As a feed additive:
1. Increase the yield of livestock, poultry, eggs, milk, and larvae and the survival rate of young babies;
2. Promote the rapid growth of hypoglycemic and lipid-lowering of livestock and poultry, and improve the return rate of feed;
3. Regulate endocrine and enhance reproductive performance of livestock and poultry;
4. Improve the carcass quality of livestock and poultry and increase the rate of lean meat;
5. Reduce the stress of livestock and poultry and enhance the anti-stress ability of livestock and poultry;
6. Improve the immune function of livestock and poultry and reduce the risk of livestock and poultry breeding
Recent studies have found that chromium picolinate increases the amount of an active AMP protein kinase (AMPK) associated with metabolic pathways in skeletal muscle cells, thereby improving energy balance and insulin function. The study was led by Dr. William Cefalu, a nutrition and chronic disease research group at the Pennington Center for Biological and Medical Sciences. This week, Dr. Zhong Wang, a lecturer at the center, made this discovery at the 41st European Diabetes Research Conference in Athens, Greece. A detailed explanation.
Active AMP protein kinase (AMPK) is an important enzyme that controls many metabolic pathways including blood glucose uptake and is associated with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. “The mechanism of action of chromium and its possible impact on the AMPK system has not been addressed in previous studies,” Dr. Cefalu said. “Although there have been many studies on the effects of prescription drugs, food and exercise on AMPK, this is the first time that it has been discovered. The enzyme is affected by nutritional therapy. This is only the result of preliminary research, and further research is needed. The Ministry of Health has provided research funding, and we will further study the pathogenesis of human type 2 diabetes.”