Welcome To The World Of Wooden Home Accessories
It is wonderful how just a few items can add a touch of class to a home’s decor. Small, unique and handmade wooden accent pieces are some of them. Wooden home décor accessories endure and remain classic decorations long after fads have passed. Wood has the unique ability to add a unique touch that goes with almost any decorating scheme.
We all want to give a personal touch to our home décor, but most of the time it is difficult to pick things which will give your home the look you want. Wooden Home Décor Accessories are what you should consider to give your home the perfect look! Small pieces of wooden home décor India are capable of adding a unique outlook and make the whole room stand out from the ordinary.
Today, wooden items are one of the most sought after kitchenware. One factor responsible for this rise in demand is that the kitchenware made from wood are rare and scarce, they also give your space a vintage look. Wooden kitchenware comes in with lot of options from spatulas, ladles, bowls, cake stands, coasters, cooking spoons, nutcrackers, mugs, salad servers, tissue holders, lemon squeezers, trays, platters, storage jars, chopping boards and the list goes on.
Not only are these beautiful to hold but are stronger, fine-grained, durable, odorless and stainless compared to other utensils which are made from aluminum, steel, iron, and copper. Wooden utensils could serve you for generations if handled with proper care.
How to Care For Wood Kitchenware
Washing and drying – Wooden kitchenware stays best when hand washed and not in a dishwasher. A dishwasher uses hot water to wash the utensils, which can lead to minute cracks that can damage your utensils. Also in a dishwasher, the utensil may get over dried and thus get damaged. Use warm water and a mild detergent/liquid to wash. Never leave your wooden utensils soaked in water for long durations as it could lead to swelling and peeling. After washing, dry them immediately, wiping the moisture with a dry towel.
Oiling – Oiling of wooden utensils could either be done with olive oil or mineral oil. Apply a layer of oil all over the utensil, inside and outside. Let it sit for about 2 hours, after which you could clean out the excess oil with a tissue. Then store them in a clean and dry place. Frequent oiling is good to keep your wooden utensils stay shiny and last long. It is the frequency of use of your wooden items that decides the frequency of oiling it needs. Frequently-used utensils demand once a week of oiling. For seldom-used utensils, even once 2 months of oiling is enough.
Sanitizing – Sanitization keeps bacterial growth in check. For sanitizing, post the washing process, you could immerse the wooden kitchenware in a solution of hydrogen peroxide and water for about 15 minutes. Post this, wash them with warm water and allow them dry.
Neutralizing – If your wooden kitchenware carries any strong aroma of spices such as onion or garlic, you could neutralize it by rubbing it with a paste of baking soda and water or with lemon juice.
Advantages of Using Wooden Kitchenware
Wooden kitchenware has been a part of kitchens from time immemorial. The use of wooden kitchenware has a lot of advantages over the stainless steel or plastic ware. Here are some of them:
- Wooden kitchenware would not scratch your cookware. Wood utensils are soft and gentle to use even on the most delicate cooking surfaces, like non-stick pots and pans.
- Wooden spoons are bad conductors of heat. Even after leaving a wooden spoon in a hot pan for a long time, the spoon would still stay cool, which would not be the case with metal spoons. And likewise using a plastic spoon would result in the spoon melting.
- Wood is an inert material and doesn’t react to any kind of food product. Wood cannot release any form of harmful chemicals into your food, unlike the other metals/plastic.
- Ease of gripping in a wooden handle is higher than a metal handle. Also, metal spoons may be hard on delicate food ingredients.
- Wooden kitchenware is elegant and fabulous to look at. They add an artistic design to the whole kitchen.
- Wooden kitchen equipment is durable and you can expect them to give you long service. They are hard to break and heat resistant.
- Wood has natural germ-killing properties. Researchers have proven that bacteria and germs grow at a quicker pace on metal /plastic kitchenware than wooden kitchenware.
- Wood is natural and is a renewable source of energy. We can contribute towards saving the environment by using wooden kitchen utensils
Replace your kitchenware with wooden options today.
About Nurture India
Nurture India is an Indian handicraft home and table accessories brand, specializing in wooden and ceramic craft forms. All our wooden home décor accessories are unique and handcrafted to precision. From time immemorial, traditional Indian handicrafts have only been seen as decorative products. Nurture India aims to break away from this stereotype by offering utility products that are handcrafted and traditional, true to the Indian flavor! So, if you are looking for Wooden Handicraft Exporters in India, come, shop at Nurture India.
To get in touch with us, reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply log on to https://www.nurtureindia.in