The Process and Benefits of Grease Trap Cleaning.
Grease trap is a trap in the drain or waste pipe that prevents FOG (Fats, Oils, and grease) to enter into the main system. FOG can cause clogging that can cause system failure. The size of the grease traps varies in size depending upon the use and the property where they are used. Places like school canteens, hospitals cafeterias, and restaurants, generate large and frequent waste compared to what is generated at a residential property. Just like grease trap is required to keep FOG away from the main system, regular grease trap cleaning is required for the smooth and effective running of the grease trap. Small domestic grease traps can be cleaned easily, but professional services are provided for the cleaning of the commercial and large grease trap.
How to clean grease trap?
A grease trap consists of different parts, and thus grease trap cleaning is done in different steps:
• The first step is to gently and slowly remove the lid from the grease trap. It should be done without damaging any gaskets on the lid.
• After removing the lid, a measuring tape is put into the trap until it reaches the bottom. This helps in measuring the amount of grease trapped which is also recorded in the FOG report which maintains the cleaning cycle of the trap.
• Water is then removed from grease trap with the help of pump out. The water should be disposed of properly away from the drinking water treatment plant.
• Once the water is removed, grease can be removed from the trap with the help of the scoop. The removed trash is collected in heavy duty plastic bags that can also store liquid until proper disposal.
• The last step is to clean the tank after grease is scooped of. The cleaning can be done using the detergent, warm water, and metal scrubber.
What are the benefits of grease trap?
• Regular grease trap cleaning not only keeps the system running but also has a number of benefits:
• It prevents the build-ups which in-turn prevents the clogging in the pipes and the system.
• Having a cleaned and maintained grease trap helps in keeping a safe environment by preventing FOG from moving into the main drainage system.
• It is economical. The cost of regular cleaning is far lower than the cost of repair and replacement that happens in case of clogging and system breakdown.
• A grease trap in bad working condition may contaminate the nearby water and which is penalized by a regulatory authority of the area.
Many people clean their domestic grease trap on their own, but commercial grease traps are larger and must be cleaned by the trained and certified professionals. The professionals are not only trained for the cleaning the trap but also inspect and examine the trap for its expected cleaning cycle and prepare the report as well. The professionals are well equipped to clean any size of grease trap and know how and where to dispose of the water and FOG removed from the trap.
DraneRanger provides various liquid waste management solutions such as grease and lint trap cleaning, lift station and wet well cleaning, septic tank cleaning and maintenance, and vacuum truck services in Houston, Pearland, Alvin, and Sugar Land. To more know, visit http://draneranger.com/services/.