Smart Glass Market Application, Share, Methodology and Trend Analysis to 2023
The global Smart Glass Market is expected to reach USD 8.35 Billion by 2023 from USD 2.80 Billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 16.61% between 2017 and 2023. The increased acceptance of green building standards, trend toward improving energy efficiency, and increasing popularity of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) applications have boosted the commercialization of smart glass. The smart glass market is expanding significantly with the emergence of new applications and technologies. Smart glass is being used in many applications including architecture and transportation. The base year considered for the study is 2016, and the forecast has been provided for the period between 2017 and 2023.
The following are the major objectives of the study.
- To define, describe, and forecast the smart glass market, in terms of value, segmented on the basis of technology, application, and geography
- To forecast the smart glass market, in terms of volume, segmented on the basis of technology
- To analyze the market structure by identifying various subsegments of the smart glass market
- To forecast the market size, in terms of value, with regard to 4 main regions—Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe, North America, and Rest of the World (RoW)—along with their respective countries
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges)
- To strategically analyze micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contribution to the total market
- To identify the major market trends and factors driving or restricting the growth of the smart glass market and its various sub-markets
- To provide a detailed overview of the smart glass value chain
- To analyze opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high-growth segments of the smart glass ecosystem
- To profile the key players in the smart glass market and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies in each segment
- To analyze competitive developments in the smart glass market, such as alliances, joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions
Get Free 10% Customization https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestCustomizationNew.asp?id=907
Electrochromic technology expected to hold largest share of smart glass market by 2023
Electrochromic technology is expected to hold the largest share of the smart glass market based on technology by 2023; the growth of the market for this technology attributed to a shorter switching time exhibited by this glass to switch from clear to dark state and increasing investments in this technology from the smart glass industry players. The automotive industry is a vital application area for electrochromic glass.
Smart glass market for architecture expected to grow at highest CAGR between 2017 and 2023
The smart glass market for the architecture application is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2017 and 2023. It offers energy-efficiency and improved aesthetics in these applications. Use of smart glass in various architecture applications increases the aesthetic value of a building and reduces the heating, cooling, and lighting costs significantly. In the architecture application, the smart glasses are used in doors, partitions, windows, skylights, and elevators. Various establishments in the architecture application using smart glass in their designs include residential buildings, schools and colleges, hospitals, corporate offices, and retail buildings including malls, outlets, and supermarkets and hypermarkets.
Europe expected to dominate smart glass market during the forecast period
The smart glass market in Europe is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Europe consists of a number of developed countries such as Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, and the UK. This region derives its revenues from the tourism, industry, and manufacturing businesses, among others. The hospitality and automotive manufacturing sectors in this region have grown tremendously due to supportive government policies over the past few decades. The government initiatives for green buildings and energy harvesting have contributed to the rise in the popularity of smart glasses. As a result, Europe holds a significant share of the overall smart glass market.
The key players in the market include SAGE Electrochromics, Research Frontiers, View, Inc., Asahi Glass Co., Gentex, Hitachi Chemical, Glass Apps, Pleotint, Polytronix, RavenWindow, Scienstry, Smartglass International, and SPD Control Systems. The key players in this market are increasingly undertaking the strategies of partnerships and collaborations, and product developments and launches to develop and introduce new technologies and products to the market.
MarketsandMarkets provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies’ revenues. Currently servicing 5000 customers worldwide including 80% of global Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their painpoints around revenues decisions.
Mr. Shelly Singh
630 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
USA : 1-888-600-6441