Six Factors to Consider Before a Jewelry Repair
When you have a ring that requires repair services like resizing the ring, refitting the beads or diamonds, or the spring inserts, then visiting a reliable Kansas City Jewelry Store is the best option.
However, before visiting a jewelry repair Kansas City store, there are some important factors you must consider.
1. Certified Staff: No matter how simple or complex is the task at hand, one of the important points to remember is that the store must have certified jewelers working for them. The staff must be certified from any of these institutions or associations – American Gem Society (AGS), American Watchmakers Association (AWA), Jewelers of America or the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
a. You must note that it does not matter whether it is the same store you bought the jewelry from or not. Any Kansas City jewelry store you feel you can trust can do this repair for you.
2. Budget: When looking at repairing jewelry, it is important to know the cost of the repair and also whether this cost will justify the cost of the item itself. It must be noted that the redesigning cost also involves engravings or remaking the entire jewelry. Sometimes the jewelry may itself be of low quality and if so, the cost of updating or redoing it may be more than the cost of the jewelry itself.
3. Time Required: Time required for re-designing or repairing jewelry can vary as each piece is different and each may require different modifications. In general these repairs may take anywhere between two to three weeks.
4. Insurance: It is important that you know the actual value of the jewelry for insurance purposes. Also make sure that your diamonds are insured since diamonds can break if they hit the floor and cannot be repaired.
5. Quote: Always get a quote from the jewelry repair Kansas City store before getting your jewelry repaired. They will give you a quote based on the work involved.
6. Quality of the Returned Product: One of the most common concerns with most customers is that they are not sure if they will get their original diamonds back when repairing the jewelry. This can be ensured by the jeweler shop by taking a picture of the diamonds you give them or by them showing the diamonds they return to you under a microscope.
Consider the above factors and you can be certain that your jewelry repair service will be accomplished effectively.
As a jewelry repair expert in Kansas City, the author also maintains his own blogging section by writing articles and blogs about pawn industry. To know more, visit solskc.com/services/jewelry-store