Self-Pleasuring Control: Fighting the Urge
While most men like to think that they are master of their domain, the fact is that being able to control the urge for self-pleasuring can be challenging for many. Of course, there’s usually no physical reason for needing to control the rate of self-pleasuring; studies indicate that self-pleasuring is even healthy for a guy. But most guys go through some period when they think they’d like to control the urge for a while – a few weeks, a few days – sometimes even a few hours. They may do so because they’re saving up seed for making a baby or because they’re raw and tender or because they need to spend more time on that big project for work. Whatever the reason, they may find it can be surprisingly hard to keep the hands out of the danger zone.
So for those guys who are planning a vacation from self-elation for a while, the following tips may come in handy (or non-handy, as the case may be).
– Avoid the adult imagery. Okay, so this seems like a basic no-brainer. Staring at pictures of beautiful people engaging in sensual frenzies is hardly the best way to pull back on the self-pleasuring game. Dump any adult imagery which is hanging around the house and avoid the temptation to just “take a quick peek” at any new videos that have been added to a favorite adult site.
– Know the triggers. Every person has different triggers. A guy should take a few moments to figure out his personal self-pleasuring triggers before trying to control his self-fondling. Avoiding adult imagery is a common one, but what others are unique to a specific man? Do certain fragrances cause excitement? Does talking to a vivacious redhead at work make a guy feel like a quick session in the men’s room? Make a list – and take steps to keep the triggers at bay.
– Sleep later. A lot of guys wake up with morning wood and decide they’ve got just enough time to take matters in their own hand. To avoid this temptation, set the alarm clock for ten or twenty minutes later so that rushing is necessary to avoid being late.
– Take cold showers. Not only does this help to dampen the self-sensual drive, but it encourages a guy to get out of the shower quickly, rather than luxuriating in it and finding time to self-gratify.
– Keep busy. Often self-pleasuring comes about due to boredom – so fill the week with plenty of activities. And this can have the added bonus of allowing a guy to spend time with old friends he hasn’t seen in a while or actually see all those great movies he never has time for.
– Get hobbied. If it’s hard to fill the time, take up a new hobby (or restart an old one).
– Have a lot of coupling. If a dude is in a relationship (or several, as the case may be), he should take advantage of that fact during his self-pleasuring vacation. The more coupling he has, the less likely he is to want to self-satisfy. Of course, there are some men who find that they actually self-stimulate more when in a sensual relationship – so for those men, find an excuse to avoid going to bed with any partners for a while.
Not every guy needs to worry about whether they can control their self-pleasuring, but all men do need to be sure to take steps to keep their manhood in proper form. This can more easily be attained if a man regularly uses a first rate manhood health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). To find the best choice, look for a crème that includes both a high-end emollient (such as Shea butter) and a natural hydrator (such as vitamin E), so the member skin can be kept healthy. Ideally, the crème should also include vitamin A, which possesses antibacterial properties that can help fight persistent manhood odor, a major cause of conflict in a relationship.
Visit http://www.menshealthfirst.com for additional information on most common member health issues, tips on improving male organ sensitivity and what to do to maintain a healthy manhood. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men’s health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous websites.