Rolling Stocks Market Developments Analysis by 2027
Rolling Stocks Market – Notable Highlights
- CRRC Corporation Limited (CRRC), a rolling stock giant signed a strategic agreement with TÜV Rheinland, a global technical service provider – to improve their collaborative services including international compliance testing and certification of rolling stocks in September 2018.
- Siemens announced the investment of 200 million euros to start rolling stocks factory at Goole in the East Riding of Yorkshire, UK in March 2018. In April, the company got approval from the Orange County Transportation Authority to supply vehicles for the county’s Streetcar project.
- In February 2018, Swiss Stadler Rail AG announced the plan of building a new factory in Georgia which will focus on the manufacture of new rolling stocks and repair services for the Georgian Railway and the Tbilisi Metro.
- Three new Evolution Series locomotives from GE Transportation will be acquired by Iowa Interstate Railroad Ltd., announced GE in October 2018. The new rolling stocks scheduled to be manufactured in 2020 will be used in interstate transportation of metals, grains and ethanol.
- In 2017, Tokyu Corporation ordered 10-car electric multiple units from Japan Transport Engineering Company (J-TREC) for Tokyo’s suburban services at Denentoshi Line. The new units will be designated as Series 2020 as the country will host the 2020 Olympic Games.
Get Free Exclusive Sample Copy of This Report @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=2798
Rolling Stock Businesses Realign as Manufacturers Procure Big Ticket Projects
A modest outlook has been witnessed in the rolling stocks market in the past decade, in line with significant railway infrastructure investments made by national governments. As business giants become more engaged in increasing their market share through procurement of big ticket projects, the rolling stocks market continues to witness realignment.
- In December 2018, Bombardier Transportation announced the signing of a rolling stock contract of worth 437 million euros with an undisclosed European customer.
- In June 2018, Siemens was selected by Transport for London (TfL) to supply metro train sets for London Underground’s Piccadilly Line which is TfL’s first rolling stock contract placed under Deep Tube Upgrade Program.
- Alstom also received worth 315 million euro contract by the Mumbai Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MMRCL) for Mumbai Metro Line 3 to supply 248 metro cars in September 2018.
- In addition, the Mumbai Metro Project has initiated contracts with 6 international and Indian rolling stock providers in addition to Alstom. The rolling stock providers include Hyundai Rotem, Korea, CRRC Corporation Ltd., Titagarh wagons & TitagarhFirema, CAF India & CAF, Spain, Bombardier India & Bombardier Germany and Bharat Earth Movers Ltd.
- Hyundai Rotem signed a US$ 62.1 billion contract with Vancouver regional transport authority TransLink. The contract was signed for the supply of 24 metro cars for the driverless Canada Line Project.
- CRRC Corporation received a contract worth US$ 278 million from Argentina Ministry of Transport in April 2018. This is CRRC’s third deal received from Argentina through which CRRC will deliver 200 train cars and associated parts.
Rolling Stocks Marketplace Shows Heavy Consolidation
The rolling stock market remains highly clustered among can top 5 players – CRRC Corporation Limited, Bombardier Transportation, Alstom Transport, GE Transportation and Siemens, who hold significant revenue share of the market.
Competition remains intense in the rolling stocks market, with CRRC Corporation at the forefront, which continues to face a fierce competition from Bombardier and GE. Additionally, J-TREC. Alstom, Siemens, Kawasaki Heavy Industries and PESA are other leading contenders who are engaged in product innovation and expansion of their product portfolio.
Ask For Customized Report @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=RC&rep_id=2798
Predictive Maintenance to Consistently Improve Rolling Stock Asset Management
Investments in rolling stock are highly cost-intensive, and the lifecycle value of these infrastructures is one to two years. Repair and maintenance services provided by rolling stock manufacturers are aimed at optimizing and increasing the average age of rolling stocks. Incorporation of predictive maintenance has changed the course of rolling stock asset management wherein connected technologies, remote monitoring, digital analysis, and big data analytics have paved new ways in the traditional business model for services in rolling stocks market.Future forecast of the new rolling stock sales seems to stabilize as investors seek more cost and return-oriented from rolling stock OEMs. Real-time monitoring and predictive maintenance services have helped OEMs to optimize their value propositions thereby strengthening the repair and maintenance services in the rolling stock landscape.
Passenger Coach Rolling Stocks to Witness Profitability
As safety and comfort of passengers remain the prime focus of new or under-maintenance rolling stocks, their replacements are frequent as compared to other types of rolling stocks such as multiple units, locomotive and freight wagons. Passenger coach rolling stocks have been deemed as the most maintenance-intensive coach of the railway system as they are subjected to the highest utilization by multiple passengers.
Manufacturers in the rolling stocks market, particular passenger coach are set to witness profitability in the coming future by procuring steady and new tenders of passenger coach rolling stocks.
Rolling Stocks Becoming Prime Means of Transport De-carbonization
As Rail gains traction as a prime means of sustainable mobility in a bid to establish low-carbon railway transportation, there have been assertive project proposals to remove diesel trains from the railway transportation infrastructure. Additionally, proposals to connect other low-carbon transportation modes with railway such as bicycle sharing and facilities of their parking at railway stations are underway. European Commission has made greater strides in promoting de-carbonization of the transport sector to achieve greenhouse gas reduction goals. The RSSB announced funding competitions to support the government-led initiative of removal of diesel trains from Britain’s railway by 2040. India has also prioritized railway de-carbonization. To achieve the carbon emission reduction targets, projects to shift from diesel-powered rail network to electrified rail network is proposed wherein significant steps are underway in the same direction. With rolling stocks being the primary part of railway, promotion of railway transports in future will add profitability for rolling stock manufacturers.
Speak To Research Analyst For Detailed Insights:https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=2798
Rolling Stocks – Definition
In the rail transport industry, rolling stocks are vehicles in the form of locomotives, rail coaches, wagons and railroad cars. The rolling stocks can be powered or unpowered. Rolling stocks in the United States also include wheeled vehicles used on roadways for different business purposes.
Rolling Stocks Market – About the Report
Fact.MR has compiled a study on the rolling stocks market and published a report titled, “Rolling Stocks Market Forecast, Trend Analysis & Competition Tracking – Global Market Insights 2018 to 2027.” The rolling stocks market report provides an in-depth analysis of all the vital facets of the rolling stocks market that hold a prominent influence on future growth. The report also covers a comprehensive analysis of associated industry assessment and competitive landscape in the rolling stocks market.
Rolling Stocks Market Structure
The rolling stocks market report includes a section of the market structure that delivers information regarding the rolling stocks market segmentation. The market structure has been derived after an in-depth study of the rolling stocks market. Based on this, the rolling stocks market is segmented based on product type and application type.
The rolling stocks market is segmented based on product type and different product types of rolling stocks studied in the report are locomotive, passenger coach, multiple units and freight wagons.
Based on application, the rolling stocks market is segmented into passenger application and freight application. The rolling stocks market is also studied for key business regions including North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and Middle East and Africa (MEA). The regional analysis is backed by a thorough country-wise assessment of rolling stocks market in all regions.
For more information on this report, please visit: https://www.factmr.com/report/2798/rolling-stocks-market
Fact.MR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that’s why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.