Global 3D Cell culture Market Research and Forecast 2018-2023
3d cell culture: new trend in life science
Two-dimensional or 2D cell culture models were suitable for performing drug discovery process efficiently as they are easy to use and have better compatibility with high throughput screening (HTS). The demand to analyze growing cell and their correlation, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies have adopted 3D cell culture. 3D cell culture market is growing impressively owing to its number of applications including drug screening, neurobiology, tissue engineering, early assessment of component and drug safety testing. 3D cell culture has the capability to provide functionality similar to in-vivo assay. 3D cell culture techniques are selected depending upon the several parameters, including cell line, a primary cell, and tissue origin. Scaffold-based techniques and scaffold free techniques are primarily used techniques in the 3D cell culture model.
During clinical trials, almost 90% of drugs fail to meet the efficacy or safety margins due to the presence of toxicity and efficiency developed by using in the vitro cell culture screening method. In-vivo-like 3D models are more effective to support biologically appropriate screening. 3D cell culture models are more capable of reviewing functionality and responses of in-vivo. Some of the cells can regain their physiological morphology, gene expression, and functionality when applied within a 3D culture environment. 3D cell culture is one of the most preferred technology as 3D cell culture models provide better data in the prediction of drug resistance and viral pathogenesis can be studied with reduced hazard levels using 3D models. The functionality of 3D cell culture models varies depending on the requirements of researchers, cell type and application.
The main tools available today for different application in the global 3D cell culture market include:
- Ultra-low attachment surfaces are used to encourages cell contact and sphere formation.
- Hanging drop and levitation allows cell contact and sphere formation.
- Permeable and solid assists structure, polarity and cell functionality.
- ECMS, gels, and scaffolds enables in-vivo-like structure and functionality.
3D cell culture is an emerging technology which is utilized mainly by leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. One such leader is Corning Life Sciences offering 3D cell culture models for drug discovery. Corning Life Sciences impacts the variety of field that includes cell culture, 3D cell culture, bioprocess, cancer research, cell therapy, genomics, in-vitro fertilization and drug discovery. Corning Life Sciences has invented innovative tools that are providing easier access to in-vivo-like 3D models, such as Corning Matrigel matrix and Transwell permeable supports. Other products offered by Corning Life Sciences includes Corning spheroid microplate, complementing innovative 3D cell culture products portfolio.
Global 3d cell culture market analysis by major players:
- 3D BIOTEK LLC
- CORNING INC.
- GE HEALTHCARE
- LONZA GROUP LTD.
- SIGMA-ALDRICH CORPORATION
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
The advancement in 3D cell culture model is expected to have the potential to fill the gap between in-vitro and in-vivo experiments. 3D cell culture models are increasingly getting popular among researchers as 3D cell culture has the capability to handle cells in-vitro while obtaining results that reflect in-vivo condition and avoiding ethical concerns of animal usage. The technology is considered to be an emerging technology driven by advancement in 3D bioprinting and high throughput screening technology. Presently, 3D cell culture technique is in the early stage, however, it has the potential to evolve as an essential tool for drug discovery and toxicity studies.
Advantages of the global 3d cell culture market report:
- Comprehensive research methodology of global 3D cell culture market
- This report also includes detailed and extensive market overview with key analyst insights
- Exhaustive analysis of macro and micro factors influencing the market guided by key recommendations
- Analysis of regional regulations and other government policies impacting the global 3D cell culture market
- Insights about market determinants which are stimulating the global 3D cell culture market
- Detailed and extensive market segments with regional distribution of forecasted revenues
- Extensive profiles and recent developments of market players
For related reports please visit: https://www.omrglobal.com/reports-category/biotechnology/