Dental Implants: Advantages and how much do they Cost
Did you know, about 28% of people feel embarrassed by the condition of their mouth and teeth? Chipped, missing or decayed teeth can make people feel conscious about their smile, not to mention the problems it causes with eating, speech, confidence and articulation levels. However, dental implants Sydney are reliable replacements to the missed tooth and are now an excellent solution for the lost tooth.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are nothing but artificial tooth root that is fixed into the jawbone through a metal post that holds the replacement tooth or bridge. The metal post made of Titanium is surgically placed into the jawbone under the gums. Dental implants serve as an option for patients who suffer tooth loss due to periodontal disease, injury or other reasons.
Are you a candidate for implants?
– If you have missed one or more teeth, dental implants can restore your smile by matching your real teeth. Dental implants are made of Titanium and ceramic materials. Maintaining good oral health is ideal for the implant to fix well with your bones.
– Having adequate bone is vital for the implant to anchor firmly to the jawbone.
– Besides, healthy gum tissues, free of periodontal disease are essential to receive implants as the dental implants connect directly into the jaw bone and tissues, unlike other replacement options.
If you are missing one tooth, a dental implant is inserted into the jawbone, and once the site heals, a crown that matches with your natural teeth is fastened into place. If you miss more than one tooth, implant-supported bridges are your right choice.
There are several factors to consider whether or not you are a candidate for an implant which includes smoking, gum disease, the ability to regrow jaw bone, metabolic health, certain illness, and medications. Your dentist will access your oral and overall health to determine the best course of treatment for you.
How much do dental implants cost?
The dental implants cost Sydney you spend is worth the results of your smile. Dental implants do not require any replacement on a long run, which means they last for a lifetime. With proper care and following a good dental routine, you can have your implant last for a lifetime.
How to care for dental implants?
Cheap dental implants Sydney look and functions like natural teeth.
– Good oral hygiene is vital for caring for both your implants and natural teeth.
– Make sure to brush and floss twice a day and visit your dentist for checkups twice a year.
– In case you experience any infection or pain on the implant site check out with your dentist immediately.
The author is the dentist. With years of experience in the industry and a team of dedicated dental professionals, he offers affordable dental treatments including dental implants Sydney making sure all his patients receive proper care throughout the procedure. Visit https://www.drpaulopinho.com.au/ to know more.