Dental Implants 101
Dental implants procedure is one of the most preferred treatments to replace your missing tooth. You can replace one or more missing tooth with the help of dental implant procedure. You might have missed your tooth due to various reasons including tooth decay, accident, infection, etc. Dental implant looks similar to your natural tooth and gives a natural smile. Nowadays, most dentists offer affordable dental implants Sydney.
What Is Dental Implant?
The dental implant consists of three parts – the implant, abutment and the crown. The implant is made of metal like titanium and it is screw shaped. The abutment will be placed above the implant which helps to connect both the implant and the crown. The crown is placed on the abutment which acts as your tooth.
Dental Implants – Procedure
Initially, your dentist will take x-ray to investigate your oral health and the jawbone density. While undergoing dental implants in Sydney, your dentist will place the screw shaped dental implants inside your jawbone and allows it to fuse. The process of the implant integrating with your jawbone is called osseointegration process. It may take nearly two to six months depending on your oral health and overall health. Once the osseointegration process is over, your dentist will place the abutment and crown on the implant. Then the implant acts similar to your tooth root and the crown acts similar to your natural tooth.
Reasons To Consider Dental Implants Procedure
– Dental implants more reliable than any other restoration or tooth replacement
– Dental implants eliminate the need for removable dentures
– Dental implants improve your quality of life by increasing your ability to chew and to speak naturally
– Dental Implants are long lasting, the 30 year survival rate is over 90%
– Dental Implants will not decay or ever need a painful root canal
– Dental implants prevent bite collapse thus saving your smile and appearance
– Dental implants prevent your teeth from shifting
– Dental implants protect your healthy teeth by distributing the biting forces. all other tooth replacements place more forces on your existing teeth
– Dental implants preserve your bone and gum, which is lost when you lose your teeth. No other tooth replacement maintains bone and gum tissues
If you are wondering about the dental implants cost in Sydney, you can contact Dr Paulo Pinho. We offer 15 years of affordable oral surgery without sacrificing quality or experience.
The author of this article is an experienced dentist who offers affordable dental implants in Sydney. In this article, he has mentioned a few things about dental implants. Visit https://www.drpaulopinho.com.au